We are a small group of independent actors and filmmakers. That means we all work in front of and behind the camera to take control of our careers. We are located in Las Vegas and utilize professional equipment provided by the Nevada Nonprofit corporation “Actors Film Ensemble” who pays all the bills. All actors have a say in everything from securing the script to marketing. We work with actors that understand that it takes time and a lot of hard work to make a great film and are willing to be cast in 2-3 or more feature films per year. These films are written for our actors.
Every actor shares in all profits but does not pay for anything. Outside actors are sometimes cast when needed. Every actor votes on when and if to bring in another actor. This is a family that is not interested in divisive politics or ideology. We only want to make movies of many different genres that everyone will enjoy.
DIRECTORS, CAMERA OPERATORS, AND EDITORS
Our directors, camera operators, and editors are trained specifically to succeed within those disciplines. They may also be actors but their commitment to the filmmaker’s side must be professional and dedicated not just as adjunct to acting on the team. We train all members to perform most other roles behind the camera and to do so well. All training is done for free and concentrates on hands on instruction often on the set of our current films. Directors control the film they are directing. That includes script selection, casting (from our group), artistic design of the film, and actual production.
Once you are accepted into the CFA you become part of the group that focuses on feature films that will appeal to a large audience. Currently our film team shoot on Saturdays and Sundays only. Our movies will be reasonably designed to receive a G, PG, PG13, or R rating. We will not shoot MA or adult material of any kind. Not interested in musicals, documentaries, or music videos or reality TV. All films will be submitted to festivals and IMDB. A full marketing plan will be voted on by the team. All profits are shared and the team votes on the process. There is not even a producer cut. All profits go to cast and crew.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Actors are brought into the CFA from our acting program only called “Coach To Camera”. They must Train Tuesday or Thursday nights and have Saturdays and Sundays available to shoot films
- Filmmakers with Saturday and Sunday available to shoot 2- 3 feature films per year minimum
- 18 years or older
- Live in Las Vegas
- Have your own car (to hard to get to locations via ride share, bus, friend, etc.
- Approval by the group to be added to the CFA via audition
- Directors must have a computer (PC or Apple) to do preproduction breakdowns, call sheets, etc.
- Directors must have internet access
- Must have Saturdays and Sundays open for 4-6 weekends for a film